Sunday 30 January 2011

7th Jan 2011 - The day of the Surgery...I thought.

At the clinic on the 4th I was asked to fast from 3am every day from now onwards, as we wait for a bed to become free.  I then received a call on both the Wednesday and Thursday at 9am to say sorry, no available beds, but please fast from 3am tomorrow.  No big deal - I was expecting this...

Friday morning came, and I received a call - we may have a bed coming free, so please don't eat.  You will receive a telephone call at lunchtime.  Lunchtime came and went.

2.30pm - I received a call saying 'please make your way to ward 16 - you are booked in for 4pm - eek!

4pm came and went, as did 5, 6 and 7pm.  Getting a bit peckish now.

7.15pm - sorry my Cashman, surgery is postponed until tomorrow.  Due to the Ice and snow there had been a couple of more urgent cases come in.  But you cannot go home, and we will try operate tomorrow morning.  Wolfed down a rancid sandwich, got laptop out and watched Get him to the Greek (v.funny) followed by Zombieland (removed the headphones, and the sound effects carried on!!  It's noisy on ward 16...and its worth watching by the way).

Tea, toast, teeth, sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment