Sunday 30 January 2011

8th Jan 2011 - The day of the Surgery...

7am:  Teeth, wash, back to bed for a delicious breakfast of Ibuprofen and a small sip of water.

10am:  Get into a hilarious gown that means you cannot pick anything up if you drop it..

10.30am:  Doctor comes round - there's going to be a delay.  But you cannot eat.

12.30:  Lunch.  Small sip of water.

3pm:  Anaesthesiologist came round for a natter.  I opted for spinal block.  Thoroughly pleasant chap. Surgery will be in the next our and a half.  Don't eat.

5pm:  Yipee!  Dinner time.  Small sip of water.  Delicious.

7pm:  Has everyone gone home?

8pm:  Blind 92 year old Ronald from the next bed confronts me about stealing his walking stick.  I only offered to get him some water - but he needed a wee.  I couldn't help with that.

8.30pm:  Gave Ronald his stick back.

9pm:  Wheeled off to surgery.  They put me to sleep in the end, as its not good to be under a spinal whilst on your front for an hour.

11pm:  Woke up, cup of tea and toast.  What's that???  It's the biggest, heaviest, ugliest pot I've ever seen!

Sleep.

Just kidding about Ronald's stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment